Harvard Travel Registry
Registering International Travel
When an incident occurs abroad, we rely on the itineraries and contact information in the Harvard Travel Registry to inform us of students, faculty, and staff in the region who may need medical or security assistance through Harvard Travel Assist.
Registration is required for students traveling with Harvard sponsorship and strongly recommended for faculty and staff.
Your Individual Registration
To register your own trip, log in to the Travel Registry with your HarvardKey and follow these steps:
- Enter your flights, lodging, ground transit (if applicable), and emergency contacts.
- Save your information by clicking "Submit" on the "Review & Submit" page, even if you have more information to add later.
- Return to edit your trip details if there are changes to your itinerary or you obtain a local cell phone.
It's incredibly important to update your information if it changes so that we focus our efforts appropriately during an emergency.
Note: The Registry works best in Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.
Registering on behalf of Others
If you're a Harvard employee registering on behalf of a faculty or staff member, follow the instructions for using the travel import worksheet.
Or, if you're registering a spouse, dependent, or other individual who does not have a HarvardKey, contact us first at or +1-617-495-1111. Once you've talked with us, you can follow the instructions for using the travel import worksheet.
If you’re registering a group of Harvard travelers, you can do so in bulk by using the travel import worksheet.
After registering with Harvard, you're strongly encouraged to register with the embassy of your country of citizenship.
- U.S. citizens: Use the State Department's Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP).
- Non-U.S. citizens: You may find it helpful to use goabroad.com's embassy/consulate search.