Our mission is to support and enable Harvard’s international projects and travel while mitigating risks to the University and individuals.
What We Do
We provide tools and guidance that enable faculty, students, and staff to study, work, and research overseas. In support of the University’s international strategy, we work with every School and Central Administration department to simplify global operations, facilitate collaboration, and flexibly address risks.
Since 2011, we’ve been a hub for international expertise and services. We can help you on matters of safety and security, employment, finance, taxes, visas, and other operational and administrative considerations.
Who We Are
We're dedicated to providing you with a high level of customer service and solutions to meet your international goals. Have a question or project that you need help with? Contact us.
Client Services provides consultative services on a range of foreign operations, from tax laws and hiring practices to visa requirements and export regulations.
- Serves as first point of contact for solving international challenges
- Tracks the University's international projects and needs
- Facilitates collaboration among departments
International Safety & Security provides intelligence analysis, travel advice, and emergency response services.
- Conducts risk assessments and pre-travel orientations
- Oversees the Travel Risk Ratings, Harvard Travel Registry, and Harvard Travel Assist program
- Leads the University's International Emergency Management Team (IEMT)
Harvard Global Research and Support Services, Inc. is an affiliated and separate nonprofit legal entity that maintains in-country administrative services in particular countries.
- Employs staff overseas, providing payroll services, benefits administration, and tax support
- Manages administration services for international offices, including registration, payroll and benefits, payment processing, real estate leases, and tax filings
- Accepts and manages certain grants with unique terms
For more information, visit harvardglobal.org.