We promote Harvard's excellence in teaching, learning, and research globally by:
- Supporting and enabling international projects, travel, and operations
- Mitigating risks to the University and individuals
- Responding to overseas emergencies
What We Do
We work with students, faculty, and staff in every School and Central Administration department to simplify global operations, facilitate collaboration, and flexibly address risks. We can help you on matters of safety and security, outbound visas, employment, finance, taxes, and other operational and administrative considerations abroad.
Who We Are
Our teams are dedicated to providing you with a high level of customer service and solutions to meet your international goals. Contact us if you have a question or project that you need help with.
- Consults on operational matters abroad, from outbound visa requirements and hiring practices to tax laws and export regulations
- Serves as first point of contact for solving international challenges
- Tracks the University's international projects and needs
- Facilitates collaboration across departments
International Safety & Security
- Provides global intelligence analysis, travel advice and training, and emergency response services
- Conducts risk assessments and pre-travel orientations
- Oversees the Travel Risk Ratings, Harvard Travel Registry, and Harvard Travel Assist program
- Leads the University's International Emergency Management Team (IEMT)
Harvard Global Research and Support Services, Inc.
HG is an affiliated and separate nonprofit legal entity that manages overseas administrative services.
- Employs staff overseas and provides payroll services, benefits administration, and tax support
- Manages international office administration, including registration, payroll and benefits, payment processing, real estate leases, and tax filings
- Accepts and manages certain grants and international gifts
Visit harvardglobal.org for more information.